Friday, September 21, 2012

Thank you ...

Thank You... the most used but not always heartfelt, at times sarcastic too...
We had. Lesson in English in class X. Not sure if it is still part of the Maharashtra state syllabus. The very first chapter where the author thanks everyone from the shopkeeper who sells wares for money to his domestic help. This has remained with me, most of the credit goes to our English Prof. Prasad sir. Thank you sir am sure you would have influenced many lives...

Now that it has stayed...I don't really shy from saying thanks to anyone. Be it the rickshawala who charges the meter fare only or the domestic help as she picks up the newspaper for me on her way out of the house. Same is the case at work, at times my team members tell me it is our work, you don't have to thank. It is more of a habit now I guess.

But yes formalities aside I would have never done this for my family. Have I thanked Amma Achan for what I am today. My sister without whom I would have not realized my potential. My bestest friend and hubby jeev...for putting up with me and my tantrums from the time we have known each other...Kannettan for being that supportive elder brother and ye of course my niece Muthu who has been a mirror to me on more than one occasion....well these are the people who matter the most to me. Do I take them for granted? Will they feel bad if I thank them, coz a thank you is too formal...

Well formal or not I do wish to thank them all...from the bottom of my heart. Someday when they read this I hope it brings a smile on their faces and brightens their day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment