Monday, January 05, 2009

...a trip to remember

Kollur, is a small village in the foothills of the western ghats, known for the Mookambika Temple. I have been hearing about this temple for quite some time, and have wanted to be there. I got this opportunity last year, when my relatives had planned for the trip. I had always wanted to take Amma Achan there. I am happy I could take them there this year.

We booked the tickets in the ksrtc Rajahamsa to Kollur from Majestic. Thanks to the Bangalore traffic, we missed our bus to Kollur. I really felt sad about having lost the money for the ticket, for having missed the bus...and really wanted to cry. Somewhere deep within me I felt we should still go ahead. Thanks to Manoj ettan, we got into another bus for Kundapur. The ride was not a comfortable one, but believe me the travel was worth all that and much more.

There was hardly any rush at the temple, and I was elated to see Devi, in all her glory. I really felt her presence. I felt blessed when I heard the poojari say the Shloka which was similar to "Praseetam bhagavathy Praseeta..." I for a moment thought the Poojari was calling me. I was so fulfilling a darshan. I only wish I can take my muthu there. I doubt if I have experienced such Divine Charm earlier.

I hope Amma Achan liked the darshan as well, one of my long list of wishes comes true with this...All Thanks to the Allmighty

No comments:

Post a Comment