Tuesday, March 24, 2009

a day tour of Bangalore

Amma, Achan my sis and my neice were in Bangalore in October 2005 for a short trip of 3 days. In this I could take them on a quick round of the city in 1 day.

We started around 10 am. The first place I wanted to show off was my workplace, SAP Campus. The Campus sprawls across 21 acres. The reception itself is impressive and the entrance to the "Developers Block" as it was called earlier is grandiose. We have gardens in the interior and glass roof. The Curved Stairs, and the caricature in the coffee area add to the hospitality. Mom Dad and my sis were happy to see the place, and my neice had a great time in the lawn.

We took the road towards whitefield, caught a glimpse of the Satya sai Medical Institute. They were not ready to believe that this was a hospital. We came to Kemp Fort, the 100 Feet Shiva Temple on airport road. Amma was pleased as she had read about this place and now she was there. My neice ammu wanted to play with all the soft toys at Kemp Fort (now Total). She finally picked a small doll for her.

We had a small lunch break and then headed towards Vidhana Soudha the legislative house of Karnataka. Its is admirable. The words "Governments work is Gods Work" at the entrance are Ironical though.

I could only show them the sign boards which read "Way to Cubbon Park" and "Way to Lalbaug". I wouldn't dare to take them there on a weekend ;)

The last spot on the list was the Isckon temple. We had to wait for long as the time for darshan was only from about 3:30 pm. It started to pour and we were half drenched. Ammu enjoyed the rains the most.

A memorable family outing for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment